[Wikidata-l] data access for Commons coming Dec 2nd - Wikidata

Article Images

Hey folks :)

On request Commons is the next sister project to get access to the data on Wikidata. We'll be doing this on December 2nd. Please help update and expand https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wikidata and https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Wikimedia_Commons. Two caveats: 1) This is restricted to accessing data from the item connected to the page via sitelink. Access to data from arbitrary items will follow in January/February. 2) This is not for storing meta data about individual files. This will come later as part of the structured data on Commons project (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Structured_data) and be stored on Commons itself.

Looking forward to seeing what great things this will make possible again!

Cheers Lydia

-- Lydia Pintscher - http://about.me/lydia.pintscher Product Manager for Wikidata Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24 10963 Berlin www.wikimedia.de Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.