Re: [Wikimedia-l] documentaries about Wikipedia - Wikimedia-l

Article Images

While this is not a documentary per se, this video is a “reel” of the best videos of the Wikimedia movement strung together that in the US, we’ve played before edit-a-thons and events. It’s about 25 minutes in total, and there’s a countdown timer in the upper left hand corner that helps give folks a sense of when an event starts.

We’ve found this helps provide some energy to the room and is useful for people new to the movement to see human faces behind projects all around the world. It was used at Wikiconference North America, the United Nations, and Wikimedia DC edit-a-thons. You’re welcome to use it and to give us ideas on how to improve it.

https://vimeo.com/191543645

Videos used:

Edit 2015 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm1LKcHD1VE

Mexico edit-a-thon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94KtOE39Hyw