[Wikimedia-l] Fundraising - Social Media Update - Wikimedia-l

Article Images

The Social Media team have been providing fantastic support of the English online fundraiser and we wanted to provide a quick update dedicated to that work. There were some cool images to go with but unfortunately our wikimedia-l mailman is dull and boring so here is a summary of their efforts:

* 3.1 million different Facebook users have seen our "I love Wikipedia profile picture frames on their friends’ profile pictures. ( http://tinyurl.com/hcfqpcs)

* 2 million different Twitter users have seen the hashtag #ilovewikipedia on Twitter.

* 9K people have put the picture frame on their pic, telling the world that they love Wikipedia.

* 6.5K have used the hashtag #ilovewikipedia, which we only adopted a month ago. Reporting shows the sentiment rating for #ilovewikipedia remains almost spotless.

* More than 1,000 donors have been thanked on Twitter by Aubrie Johnson, Jeff Elder, Christophe Henner, and Katherine Maher.

Influential donors publicly stating their support included: *Joseph Gordon Levitt - https://twitter.com/hitRECordJoe/status/805841296354988032 * Baratunde Thurston - https://twitter.com/baratunde/status/805521678205931520 * Kate Beaton - https://twitter.com/beatonna/status/806217554721177600 * Cory Doctorow - https://twitter.com/doctorow/status/806257053425537024

Impressive work and a huge shout out to the team for a really successful social media drive for this time of year.

We will hopefully have a few updates regarding fundraising coming out in the next few days so keep an eye out :)

Regards

-- Seddon *Advancement Associate (Community Engagement)* *Wikimedia Foundation*